* Structure - The church is a body, it is not a kingdom.
All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27 NLT
Temple model = consume
Jesus model = engage
* Authority is to be exercised for the benefit of the led, not the leaders.
You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. Matthew 20:25 NLT
But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant. And whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. Matthew 20:26-27 NLT
I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. I tell you the truth, slaves are not greater than their master. John 13:15-16 NLT
* Marriage is characterized by mutual care and submission, no longer male domination.
Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!” Matthew 19:10 NLT
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:21 NLT
Christian marriage is a submission competition.
* Spirituality is determined by how well one loves, not how much one person knows.
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23 NLT
* Holiness is about being a part of rather than setting oneself apart from.
So the Word became human and made his home among us. John 1:14 NLT
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20 NLT
Holy people have dirty hands
Dirty is the new Holy
Never confuse giftedness with holiness.
What does love require of me?